Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Beetles, Bikes and the U.S. Border


On the road again - just can't wait to get on the road again. Gas nearly $5.50/gallon... the price on the pump is in liters. Good thing this road trip is Work.

The rust-colored trees are evergreens killed by those nasty pine-bark beetles. Stay tuned for some horrid forest fires, incomplete combustion, and unbreathable air. It's gonna be bad, folks!



If only the horny toads would munch on the pine-bark beetles!

Next stop: Downtown Vancouver, BC
Our friends the Goodricks took us on a long ride along the Vancouver seawall. Notice that one of us has donned the proper safety attire.


Test: As we cycled along we saw this. The skyline of which Canadian city? If you need a hint, read blog more slowwwwly.


Hooray! Back in the U.S.S.R! not!


The ol' Stars and Stripes lookin' good!


Back to U.S. prices! Ahhhh... Retail therapy! My wallet is glad that I didn't actually make it inside all these stores, but there they were waiting open arms I mean doors.. just in case....






3 comments:

Hillary said...

Outlets...!? Target...!? I do love the U.S. not only because of my dual citizenship - BUT because of the shopping! Cant wait for you both to be back in Calgary for some quality mac&cheese time! Love your niece!

Anonymous said...

Awww, nice pictures. I like the skyline, ohhh Outlets...trouble, trouble, trouble!!! Good Girl Jane on the safety bike riding equipment...safety first.

XOXO...elvia from Houston! :)

Canadian Mum said...

Rules from the Higgins' Ladies for shopping at Target, outlets OR Toronto:

1) Do I like it?
2) Do I need it?
3) Do I want it?

If you answer "yes" to 2 out of 3 of these questions.... then you have permission to buy it!